Friday, December 17, 2010

SOLVED: Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because a compatible DVD decoder is not installed on your computer.

OK, this afternoon, a guy from FIJI asked me about the DVD problem. He said that he cannot play the DVD with the error

"Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because a compatible DVD decoder is not installed on your computer."

OK this cause by missing decoder or the decoder not installed. If you browse Microsof website the solution is:

click start - run - type dvdupgrd /upgrade

OK, for me there is another solution that i like and my favourite which is installing codec packs. The price is FREE.

I recommend installing these codec pack to solve the problems:

K-lite codec pack (FULL)
XP codec pack
Tiger Player/MPCstar

Not necessarily you need all of those, in my PC I install Klite Codec pack, tiger player, Real Player, Real alternative and Windows Media Player Classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment