Monday, February 2, 2009

Driver FAQ - the common problems about installing drivers

There are several reason why your driver installation unsuccessful, the most common thing we know that the driver is not compatible with the hardware, most of us know about that, what i will discus here is base on my opinion and not the right theory, i never receive any formal education and training about hardware. i just like to experiment with software and hardware, and here i would like to share most common problems that cause you unsuccessfully install your driver.

1.Wrong driver for OS.
This is essential, vista and windows xp from what i know is running is different platform, and installing vista driver for xp will not successful unless for certain driver but from my experience driver that work with vista only less then 1% work with xp. So if you going to search your driver make sure you also include the OS, for example via 4326 XP Driver.

What is OS: I use OS for short term of Operating system. Operating system is program that run on compurters and there are three of them from what i knew;windows(95,98,2k,XP,Vista,7), Mac nad Linux)


2.Your Hardware.
Sometimes this happen, for example the driver running well and after formating your laptop and you try to install it don't work well as before, there are many ways to check either the driver is broken or not. First you may go to device management, by right click on my computer select manage and select device manager, if there are unidentified devices there(with yellow sign) mean your driver still ok but not necessarily, because if the device brioken, it may appear on device management but cause the installation failure or you might experince the most famous blue screen of death. My option to check if the devices working or not is to replace it with the same devices and check the performance/change, it another same device work then you can start planning to but the parts. maybe this option not practically effective for you because you don't have part, i work to repair laptop and desktop, sometime i got some parts from it and i use them as tools to diagnose problems.

3.Corrupted Windows.
Windows corruption is my second thought if the device stopped working, my first option is to perform system restore. system restore for me is my big weapon to solve not baout driver problems but any changes that happened to my system. Usually i use this if my system affected by virus or my software or driver stop working.

4.Update bios.
this is my last options, i cant describe about this since i never done this excet once and its didn't help a lot. sometimes if you just want to play around and update bios just don't do it except you know what are u doing. My friends done this and just make thing worse. I'm not discourage you to update bios but that options just not my priority. i prefer other way and put this as my last options.

well i share my secret, forum is the best place to find drivers=)

No comments:

Post a Comment